Linking a certified customer’s identity to a property’s UPRN is another step towards improving the home buying & selling process. We’re really pleased to improve the customer identity verification standards of the MyIdentity Overlay Scheme to include the UPRN to ensure greater confidence in the conveyancing process and help reduce the risks associated with property transactions.
Read more about how new home builders are implementing the UPRN for customer identity verification.
Implementing the UPRN has many other benefits such as;
- proof of address helping IDSPs confirm the address the customer provides using an authoritative national register.
- fraud detection by linking datasets to find bank accounts registered at the same address.
- proof of ownership by helping to identify the relevant HMLR title.
- interoperability when sharing data using the UPRN.
- certifying identity by displaying the authoritative address.